Wednesday, May 15, 2013

This Cavegirl's 43 Lbs Down

I've been on this journey now for a little over four months, and as of this morning I've lost 43.8 lbs.  I'm a completely changed person.  This week I was getting so frustrated that my size 22 and 24 jeans weren't fitting right.  The waist seemed to be fitting ok, but the butt was sagging in all these jeans.  Then I tried on a size 20 pair of jeans, and realized the problem was that I didn't fit into those other sizes anymore.  

I decided to do one of those progress colleges  although I had a hard time taking an non-blurry picture yesterday.  I think you can still see a difference.

  • 43 lbs down as of today.  
  • 6.6 points lost  in my BMI - From 44 to 37.4, over halfway through the Obese II category.  
  • 23.5 inches gone between the 5 measurements: Bust, Natural Waist, Hip, Arms, Thighs
  • Estimated Body Fat % down from 55% to 45.2%

I have never lost more than 40 lbs when trying to lose weight before, and there's no sign of me quitting, giving up, or losing hope,  This is happening.  When I've tried before, I've lifted, I've done my elliptical, I knew how do it, but I wasn't passionate about it.  I'm passionate about what I'm doing now. I've never felt more awesome about myself in my life than when I'm exercising, and pushing myself to do something outside my comfort zones.   I used to have to drag myself to the gym and I would find excuses to skip, now I count the hours until it's time to go to the gym and find excuses to go more.  But can you blame me with a setup like this?


Almost every time I go to training, or a go to a Caveman class, I try something new.  I have at least one new breakthrough every week.  Last Tuesday, I was having a bad day and I could hardly make myself flip that tire.  This Tuesday I was able to do 10 flips in a row in a pretty fast amount of time.  Last week I almost fell off that red step on the right of the picture.  Today, I was hovering on one foot up on that step for 30 seconds+.  I'm addicted to improving myself physically  and while I'm busy focusing on these new physical challenges, the rest of my body is busy shrinking away.

I'm starting to refer to myself as a Cavegirl sometimes, because I'm really starting to feel like a total bad ass down to my core.  I can flip tires, I can throw down sledgehammers,  I can sprint, I can jump on a moving treadmill, I can swing battle ropes,  I can do 150 reps of shoulder presses at 30 lbs within an hour.  I might not be able to do 60 lbs, but it's not that number that matters. It's pushing yourself, and not giving up.  It's when your trainer tells you "I'm not going to lower your weight even though you are struggling" and you go beyond trying your hardest to push through those reps.  And not because he said he's not going to lower the weight, but because you don't want him to lower the weight.

1 comment:

  1. Way to go!! Your positivity is inspiring. You're right, you've got this!!

    ReplyDelete